Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati are the authors of “Cooking with All Things Trader Joe‘s,” the independent, self-published cookbook for Trader Joe’s fans which has sold over 100,000 copies to date. Their recipes use those unique TJ products to create tasty and healthy meals in minutes, using prepped ingredients and clever shortcuts. Cooking easy meals at home is more relevant than ever, as people have less time to cook and less money to spend. Trader Joe’s is still the place for great gourmet bargains and their cookbook shows you how to use them! Entertaining on a Budget (and in style!), Family meals under $10, Fancy 3-course meal for two under $20…Deana Gunn stops by The Recipe Box to share some tips and favorite recipes with you. As an added bonus, Jonni McCoy of MiserlyMoms.com will join us. Jonni is the author of the best-seller, Miserly Moms-Living Well on Less in a Tough Economy, and her cookbook, Healthy Meals for Less, was released in September of 2009. She is one of the leading experts on shopping and frugal living. You don’t want to miss what she has to say!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Oil or butter a 9×13-inch glass baking pan (use an 8×8 pan if using a smaller loaf).
3) Tear the loaf into bite sized pieces and place in pan.
4) Whisk together the milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar. Pour mixture over the top of the bread.
5) Wait a few minutes to let the liquid soak into the bread, gently tossing bread around a little to soak evenly. Sprinkle the top with a little Turbinado sugar.
6) Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, uncovered. The Bake will puff up once done.
Servings: about 9 pieces (4-6 hungry people)
- Product Review: Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Brownie Mix (thekitchn.com)
- Four Healthy Meal Ideas Under 400 Calories (notecook.com)