1 head of cauliflower
3 large stalks of broccoli
2 large carrots
1 medium zucchini
2 stalks of celery
1 green pepper
1 small bunch of radishes
1/4 lb. of mushroom caps
1 basket of cherry tomatoes
1 bottle of Italian dressing (8 oz.)
- Separate cauliflower into florets.
- Peel the broccoli stalks with a vegetable peeler, and cut into bite-size pieces. Separate florets into bite-size pieces. Peel the carrots, slice carrots, unpeeled zucchini, and celery into finger-size pieces.
- Cut green pepper into wedges and remove seeds.
- Trim ends of radishes. Wipe the mushrooms (and trim ends of stalks in there are any).
- Place all the vegetables in a plastic container and pour dressing over them. Place a tight-fitting lid on container and store vegetables in refrigerator overnight. Turn container upside-down occasionally during this marinating period to distribute the dressing evenly.
- Drain vegetables before placing in a salad bowl to serve.
**You may substitute 1 can of button mushrooms, drained, if you can’t get fresh.